Wednesday 2 March 2016

With love to Mother

Hello blog friends and welcome to my bit of the blogiverse.( That may not actually be a word, but let it pass!)

Easter’s early this year, and that means that all the other festivals that precede it are early as well – such as Mothering Sunday.  In the UK we have our Mother’s Day before Easter and not in May.  Traditionally, Mothering Sunday was the day in the year to visit the Mother Church or cathedral, and it became the day when servant girls were allowed to go home to visit their mother church and their families.  In the 30’s, there were movements in the UK and the US to set aside a day to honour mothers; in Britain, this got confused with Mothering Sunday.


This is the card I’ve made for my Mother-in-Law.  (My own mother passed away some years ago).  I made this one inside its own box/envelope with a fancy closure.  

The actual greeting card is inside.

Is there a tutorial for this card?  You bet there is!

Hope you enjoyed.  Thanks for visiting!  I'll be back soon and hope you will be as well.

Crafty Hugs,

Keren


2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.