Wednesday 12 December 2018

Scooting Santa

Hello, and welcome!
Another action card today.  
This one is a variation of the double-slider mechanism, which I spotted on Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel.  When you pull the tab, Santa scoots away in the opposite direction.
Isn’t that fun? 

I like to keep the workings hidden – the die from the In the Woods thinlets came in handy to cut a nice curved shape – but you could easily cut a shape by hand with a craft knife or scissors. The bit that makes the magic happen is a strip of plastic that runs between two slits in the backer card.   

Here’s how I made the card –




I'm very happy with the way this turned out.  I learned from the mistakes I made with the Skating Snowman card, so this one went together more easily.  

OK, so that's my bit for today.  Come back and see me again sometime soon!

Keep crafting,

Keren

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.