Wednesday 29 May 2019

Just Sail Away Shadow Box Frame Sampler

Hello and welcome!


Today I'm sharing this sampler in a 6x6inch shadow box frame.  I chose this size because it is large enough to allow me to put a number of different items to be interesting but not so large as to be overwhelming. A sampler is good way of using up small scraps of paper so that nothing gets wasted and I wanted to use every little bit of the Come Sail Away DSP!



The frame was very inexpensive - under £3 - and as well as making the sampler, I altered the frame a bit as well.  The finished item is going to be on display in our home.  Most papercraft projects have a short life, so it makes me happy when I make something that I can keep around for a while!



Here's the video- 


In the end, it didn't turn out quite as I'd planned - I was going to stamp the frame with the crackle paint stamp, but it didn't look right with the sampler, so I painted over it and then sponged Soft Suede ink over the edges and I'm very pleased with the result - another happy accident!

Keep Crafting,

Keren



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.