Hello, and welcome!
You know I love pop-up cards, right?
Today’s project is a pop-up flowerpot. I was inspired by a YouTube video by Karen Burniston, and wanted to reproduce something similar using Stampin’ Up! products. It turned out to be one of those projects that just don’t work as planned!
In fact, I made it (almost!) twice. The first version was a standard 4 by 5 ¾ card, and I discovered that I didn’t like it, so I remade it as a 4 x 4 square. I also discovered that the sprigs and leaves got a bit floppy, so I cut two of each and stuck them together back to back.
Here’s how I made it –
I really like how the Grapefruit Grove gingham paper looks with the Mint Macaron card. Grapefruit Grove is a colour I’ve struggled to use up until now, but it works fine with the Mint Macaron. Maybe I can learn to love it after all – it’s going to be with us for another year so there’s time!
Lots of the other things I’ve used in this project are going to be retiring, though, so if there are any products that are on your wish list and the retiring list, then don’t wait – these items will only be there while stocks last. I’ll be sad to say goodbye (but happy to say hello to the new things coming soon!)
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.