Wednesday 15 November 2017

The best laid plans..

Hello, and welcome!

You may recall that, in my last post, I was super-excited about attending OnStage local in Solihull.  I had my bagful of swaps and was looking forward to showing you all what I'd got in exchange.

Well - it didn't quite go as planned.

I never got there.

What follows  is the whole sad story - you might want to skip ahead to the YouTube video.

To be absolutely honest, something had been telling me "not this time" for a while.  The event sold out really quickly and I only just booked about 15 minutes before it reached capacity.  If I'd arrived home from work half an hour later, I would have missed it.

Never mind, I had my spot and started making my swaps in good time.

Then I hurt my back.  I have no idea how - I just sat down and pain shot up my spine and down my right leg.  It was the first day of my two weeks holiday, as well, and I spent most of the time trying to find a position to sit/stand/lie down that didn't cause sheer agony when my back went into spasm.  

It got better - I was well enough to return to work at the end of my leave - but I couldn't drive without pain until about a week ago and was seriously considering cancelling until about a fortnight ago as I wasn't confident that I'd be able to drive the 2 1/2 hours it would take.

There were other things that were going to make it difficult to go away - the cat needing a operation on her eye, for example - but nevertheless I was determined to go and looking forward to it.  So on Friday afternoon, I set out.

I got as far as Cardiff - about 45 minutes from home - when my 3-month-old car, with fewer than 1,300 miles on the clock, began showing a Tyre Pressure warning light - which wouldn't go out even after I'd put more air in the tyres.  By now it was dark and my nerves were in shreds.   I thought that the problem was probably the monitor system, but couldn't be sure - and really didn't want to be stuck at the wrong end of the motorway (and yes, I do have roadside assistance/recovery cover but if there really was a problem if I wanted to be at home!)

So - I went home.  And the following day, in daylight, it turned out that the monitoring system needed to be reset and all was well.  Except that I was in Swansea, not Solihull.  I thought about going anyway but would have got there at lunchtime and wasn't sure they'd let me in.


I did some colouring instead.  I'm not the greatest colourer-innerer but decided to experiment with the three kinds of colouring media that SU carries - the Stampin' Write markers, the Watercolour Pencils and the new Stampin' Blends.
So anyway - no swaps to share ( I have about 40 mini fans to dispose of - anybody want one? Email me if you do!) 

 So today's video wasn't what I'd planned!  

As a thank you for putting up with my one-woman pity party, I've posted a bonus video, which shows you the out-of-the frame technique I used on the sample above.  



This is just for you, my blog/Facebook friends.  I'm planning on including a few (exclusive) extras from time to time (out-takes, bits of technique I've covered before or don't really go into on the main YouTube video) - let me know if you think you'd like it.  

Thanks for staying with me up to now!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

PS - There was quite a nasty accident on the motorway at about the time I would have been passing on my way back home and I might well have been caught in it - so perhaps my guardian spirit was looking after me!  xxx
Product List

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I was looking forward to your swaps, but I must say that in my opinion, the good Lord was trying to keep you home. No telling what you were protected from, but I'm sure your amazing video tutorials will still be amazing as always. So sorry for your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how I'm looking at it too. I was just not meant to be there this time and I just isn't want to take notice of what I was being told. So glad you like the videos, I really enjoy making them and it's good to know someone likes watching them! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh my friend how terribly wrong this went for you. I am so glad you are safe. I enjoy ALL tour videos and kindness you give us through your videos. Yes please do the video you talk about on the blog. And if I was not across the waters I would want one of your swap masterpieces. Because of your never ending talents. But more importantly to me is you are safe. And yes, I believe that your true guardian angel 👼 was sent by Jesus himself to look after you. There will always be another On Stage; but there is only ONE OF YOU.😍 Take care and thank you for all your hard working and talented videos.
    Post from Arkansas, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not tour but talented. Sorry for all the mis word spellings. Spell check and me not proff reading be fore hitting the send button. I am always doibg thst. Sorry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.