Today I've been trying my hand at stamping on a different surface. I'll be quite honest, it was a bit of an experiment, stamping directly on to wood, but I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!
The idea I had was to make something that looked like pyrography on driftwood - I don't know if I succeeded but I like the effect anyway! All the inks I used on the panel (which is made of large lolly sticks) are water-based. To mask off the lighthouse, I used artist's masking fluid because I wanted to make sure that, when I blended the colours the water wouldn't get where I didn't want it. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to get it off again - but as you can see, it all worked out OK.
I am so please that these stamps carried over into the new annual catalogue. If you've followed this blog, you're probably aware that I live by the sea (yes, I do know how lucky I am!) and my husband loves seaside-themed items, so with Father's day coming up, this one is going to be for him (from the cat, of course!)
And now I've started with the seaside theme, I've got a few more ideas bubbling up in my brain, so please do come back and see how they work out!
Ta-ta for now!
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.