Saturday 2 March 2019

Vintage card with Home to Roost

Hello and welcome!

Here we are, March already, and that means that there are only a few weeks of Sale-A-Bration left.  It’s been a super busy season this time around, with some products selling out much sooner than expected.  It’s a good thing that Stampin’ Up! ®  were on the ball with a second release – and have just added some more items to the list of what you can get for free with a qualifying purchase! (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, hop over to my online shop & take a look!)




Why am I banging on about it?  Well, today’s project was made using one of the free (yes, FREE) stamp sets form Sale-A-Bration. 

A few years ago we visited a wonderful museum at Blist’s Hill, near Telford, and saw this rather wonderful advertisement. (My husband found it funny for some reason!)


 It was in my mind when I made the card.  The original was an enamel sign – but I wanted it to look as if it were painted on weathered wood.  Do you think it worked?

Here’s how I made it.


This was one of those times when I got halfway through making the card and decided I didn’t like it – but I just kept going!  In the end I was quite pleased with the result.  My crafty roots are in altered art/distressed/vintage and it was fun to get back to the grungy/distressed sort of crafting.  Hope you enjoyed the project.

Meanwhile, on to the next!

Keep crafting,

Keren

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.