Monday 9 January 2017

Box making for beginners

Hello bloggists, and welcome.

Today’s project is all about the box.  Specifically, it’s about how I go about creating a box to fit a particular item, and it’s “by popular demand” – by which I mean someone asked me to make a video about how I calculate the measurements I need for a box.

I created mine to fit a project that I’ll be sharing with you soon and it’s one of the easiest boxes to make – the “all in one” box or “pizza box” style.
Here’s the process –

Measure the length, width and depth of the item you want to box up – don’t forget to allow a bit extra for ease of access.  The calculation for the all-in-one box is –
Width = (Depth + Width + Depth)

Length = (Depth + Length + Depth + Length + Depth)

Here's the tutorial


And - oops!  I somehow forgot to schedule this post so it's going up late!  Terribly sorry folks, don't know how I managed to do that!

Hope it's a case of better late than never!  And before you ask, I have checked tomorrow's post IS ready to go.

Forget my head next ....

Crafty hugs,

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.