Tuesday 3 January 2017

Dreaming of Dragonflies

Hello bloggists, and welcome to my first blog of 2017 - and my first post featuring stamps from the new Spring/Summer catalogue.

OK, I'm teasing you a little bit - but only a little bit, because the catalogue opens for business on 4 January, and this post is going up on 3 January, so not long to wait!  From tomorrow, I will put a link (at the bottom of the page) to the new catty (and the Sale-a-bration brochure as well...yay!) so if you haven't got a physical copy you can hold in your hand, you can still see what's new.

This gorgeous dragonfly is from one of the new sets.  I love dragonfly stamps.  It's a versatile image that works for a masculine card as well as softer, prettier cards.

I've seen dragonflies in real life only a few times and I vividly remember the first time because it scared me silly.  Where I grew up, there were playing fields with a small brook nearby and in the absence of any health and safety information, we children loved to play and paddle in the water.  

One sunny day, I was playing alone by the brook and looked up - and there was a dragonfly, just hovering above the water.  I was amazed at how BIG it was and then it just zipped away - and I screamed and ran.

I'd never seen one there before and I never saw one there again.   Anyway, here's how I used the stamps to make this card -



I didn't have this look in mind when I started to put the card together but it just sort of grew like this.  By the way, although the music paper is from the This Christmas set, the music isn't a Christmas song - it's a Bach prelude, so suitable for cards at any time of the year.

That's  it for now,

See you soon!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.