Thursday 16 February 2017

Pocket Pull-up card

Hello bloggists, and welcome.

I love the fairground.  When I was a child, a family day out at the seaside always ended with a visit to the funfair, and one of the annual excitements of Easter was the travelling fair that visited my home town.   Health and Safety hadn’t really caught on back then and I’m sure that some of those rides wouldn’t pass muster these days but nobody seemed to worry.  I have so many happy memories of those times and of taking my own boys to the fairground as a treat. 

Is it surprising, then, that these stamps and coordinating DSP stack went straight to the top of my wish list?  I wanted to make something special with them and I’ve used them to make this pocket pull-up card. 

It's called a Pocket Pull-up because there's a pocket at the front that holds the pull-tab in place.   You really need to see it in action for the full effect.


via GIPHY

Want to see how I made it?  Here it is!


I just want to say that the adhesive you use needs to be strong and you need to give it time to set properly before you start to play with this.  There's a strut at the back that makes the action happen (if you watched the video, you'll know what I'm talking about) and that does need to be quite rigid, so don't be afraid to reinforce it if it gets too flexible.

I hope you like it enough to give it a try!  Let me know how you get on, won't you?

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.