Thursday 2 February 2017

Baby Shower card

Hello bloggists, and welcome.

I can’t resist a play on words(although I do turn the death stare on my husband when he comes up with a pun– he doesn’t need any encouragement from me!) and when I saw the baby with the umbrella stamp in the Moon Baby set, I immediately thought “baby shower”.

The picture distorts the colour a bit.  It’s made in Peekaboo Peach and Smokey Slate.  For some reason, the peach (which is very pretty in real like) looks yellow.  If you know the gender of the baby, you could, of course, change the colour accordingly – the Smokey slate would look very good with Soft Sky or Pink Pirouette, for example.

If you’ve followed my ramblings for any length of time, you might also have noticed that I enjoy making action cards and pop-ups.  This one is a “popping box” card.  It folds flat, but has an elastic band running inside, so when you let go of it – it pops up, with quite a bit of energy. 

Here’s how I made it.

Attaching the elastic is a little bit fiddly, and you want to be sure to use a strong adhesive for the attachment points.  If you use tape, I’d add wet glue as well, and make sure it has a good long time to dry properly.
Now all I need to do is to make an envelope to fit it – so watch this space!

That’s it for today,

See you soon,

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.