Wednesday 10 January 2018

Bright and Brusho

Hello again and welcome!

What's your favourite item in the new catalogue?    (If you haven't seen a copy, click the link at the bottom of the  page for a pdf or ask your demonstrator for a copy or get in touch with me and I’ll do my best to help you).  What are you most excited about?  There are so many lovely things, I’m struggling to decide which to play with first!  AND it’s Sale-A-Bration time too (who doesn’t love a freebie?)


One  item that  I was over the moon about is/are Brushos (p 27).  This isn’t a new product – it’s been around for quite a few years – and I have to admit to having a bit of a Brusho addiction.  I am, at heart, a messy, mixed-media, altered art sort of crafter.  I love nothing better than taking a plain piece of card and making it awesome by inking and spraying and sponging and Brushos are a fantastic way of adding colour.  

If you’ve never used them, Brushos are water-soluble colour crystals.  They’re superfine, and it’s recommended that you don’t open the jar but simply pierce a hole or two in the lid and use it like a salt shaker.  There are plenty of ways to use them and I’ll definitely be demoing some techniques over the coming weeks.

Today I’ve used Brushos, spray starch (yes, the stuff you use in laundry!) and cling film to create the background for this card.  I love the vibrant colours and the starch has created a bit of texture.  Using starch is a new departure for me – I’ve previously used water with the cling-film technique- but the idea seems to have been around for some time.

I’ve wittered on about the background, but the stamped image is pretty cool as well – and the stamps are from this year’s Sale-A-Bration so were FREE (my favourite price!)  If you want your very own set, find out how you can get your hands on them by popping over to my online shop.  Sale-A-Bration runs until the end of March 2018 but items are subject to availability, so I wouldn't wait too long just in case!

Anyway, I'm off to play

Keep Crafting!

Keren





Product List

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Thank you for sharing how you got that fun look to your BG! Love how you made the guitar, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.