Wednesday 18 April 2018

A tisket, a tasket...

Hello, and welcome!

I got a lot of positive comments about the basket I made to hold my swaps for Onstage and I promised to show you how it was done, so here it is!  It's based on a fruit punnet - this on probably originally held grapes.  Of course, I had to eat the grapes first (it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!)

Before I share the tutorial with you, you might want to know how to calculate how much paper you would need if your punnet is a different size.  

Measure the distance from just below the lip at the top to just above the base.  That will give you the width of the strips you need.  

Then measure all the way around the top of the punnet, and multiply by 3.  Round up to the nearest multiple of 12.  Mine measured 22 inches, so I needed a minimum of 66 inches, or 6 strips of 12 inch-wide paper.

This project could easily be made by older children with some help with the cutting - it's pretty straightforward.  Here's the video -
Keep crafting!

Keren


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.