Wednesday 1 May 2019

Dragonfly canvas


Hello, and welcome!
Something a bit different today.  I’ve gone all mixed media with this canvas.

It WAS going to be a card, inspired by something I saw Tim Holtz showing – I think it was done by one of the design team.  The point of inspiration for me was the winged creature, cut three times and glued at the body so that the wings were free, and a stamped background.  I wanted to make something similar using Stampin’ Up! products. 

Then it got a bit out-of-hand…



I enjoy mixed media projects, but they do take some time – time for the layers to dry, time while I sit and think about what I want to do next.  Because of that I wanted to make something lasting, so after getting the idea to make a card I thought that I’d like to frame it when it was done so I could keep it.  Then I couldn’t find a frame…but I DID find a canvas…

So there we are, and I’m really very happy with the way it turned out.  I’m also happy that I got to play with some retiring products one more time (I will definitely be keeping the stamp and the dies but I won’t be demoing them).  

We’re in the endgame for the 2018-19 catalogue now so if you’ve got your eye on something that’s due to retire, I wouldn’t wait to order it!  (Remember that all bundles -with the 10% discount price- will retire even if the individual items aren’t going.)

Anyway, that’s it for today!  See you soon and

Keep crafting
Keren



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.