Thursday 25 August 2016

Pootlers Design Team- Lovely Stitching Week 4

Hello bloggists, and thank you for stopping by.
Can you believe it?  The final week of my stint as part of the Pootlers Design Team.   Wow! That’s gone so fast!

I’ve made no secret of the fact that the Lovely Stitching set wasn’t at the top of my wish list, and I had a moment of panic when I saw what we’d been asked to use, followed by total crafter's block.  However, I have found that needing to produce SOMETHING by a particular date is a great way of getting me going and after four weeks I think I've got to grips with it.

Today's card has a surprise inside - it's a pop - up!

This kind of pop-up is one of the easiest to make.  It's called a V-fold (because the bit that makes the pop-up happen is folded in the shape of a V.  One thing that you need to be careful of when making this sort of pop-up is that it doesn't show when the card is closed, so the V needs to be set high enough up on the folded card.  I think I was overly cautious when designing this card though - I could probably have placed my pop-up a bit lower down.  If you look up my YouTube channel you can find the tutorial I made.

And that's it from me for the Pootler's design team.  I've enjoyed my turn, but next week four new team-mates will be showing what they can do with a new set of stamps.  Thank you very much for stopping by!

Crafty Hugs,

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.