Saturday 28 July 2018

InspireINK - Embossed Anniversary

Hello, and welcome!  It's Inspireink Blog Hop day, when this blog links up with others the challenge to bring you lots of inspiration!  This time the theme has been  set by the amazing Sally Shaw - 

OK, so this was a real challenge, as I don't own any (current) stamps with the word " anniversary" or with numbers.  

However - it is Stampin' Up!'s 30th anniversary this year, so I thought I'd make a card to celebrate that fact.

This is a shabby chic card and I'm going to be honest, it hasn't photographed well!  The "shabby" bit is, in reality, gold embossed.




It's a variation on the "Black Ice" technique and gives a lovely distressed effect (well, it's lovely if you like distressed cards!  I'm feeling quite distressed myself at present because of the photograph...)

Here are some close ups for a better view of the heat embossing - and the embossed edge around the aperture.  I used the "tufted" embossing folder - I really, really love this one! (Supplies list below if you want to see what I used).


I hope that gives you a better idea - and there will be a tutorial on my YouTube Channel in the near future if you want to see how I made this card.

Anyway, on with the blog hop!  If you click the button below, you'll be taken to the lovely Sally's blog to find out what she's got in store for you.  I'll be back to blog another day soon!



Keep Crafting,

Keren Product List

7 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.