Saturday 1 December 2018

Winter Scene in a box

Hello, and welcome!
Can you believe that it’s December?  2018 seems to have flown by.  Are you putting your tree up soon - or is it up already?  (Some houses on my route home from work have had decorations up since just after Halloween!) And what about Christmas shopping?  

Today’s project is based on one of the Baker’s Boxes.  These are a great size for packaging a small gift, and are made from a glossy card.  I like to make some sort of decoration every year – usually a bauble for the tree (but this year I’ve got too many ideas for projects and not enough time to share them – the Autumn/Winter Catalogue was just too inspiring!).  This time I’ve made a little scene and used micro led lights to light it up.

The tree and the deer are from two different sets of thinlets, but they work together so well, I just couldn't resist!

Here’s how I made it (warning – long tutorial - you may want to fast forward some of it!)



My original idea was to build the scene in a small tin but I had trouble fitting the battery pack inside.  I struggled until I hit on the idea of using the Baker’s Box and I’m really happy with how it came out.  My husband has claimed it to take into work so that his desk looks festive. 

OK, that's it for now, but do come back again soon!

Meanwhile,

Keep crafting!

Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.