Wednesday 9 January 2019

Purple Hearts

Hello and welcome!

I really love using die-cuts in my crafting.  I’ve had a Big Shot since they were introduced and it’s seen regular use ever since.  The basic shapes are always in use for matting and for framing images, and I am so happy that Stampin’ Up! have included some heart shaped dies in the new catalogue.  I’ve really missed having heart shapes to play with!


The inspiration for today’s project came from an article in Craft Stamper magazine.  The original used wooden embellishments, but I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to make my own version with paper and card.  I also liked the colour palette in the Petal Promenade DSP – it seems quite Victorian to me. Here's how I made my version - 

I debated whether the larger heart should go inside or outside the box.  The original had three small hearts inside the box with a large heart on the lid.  I decided to have the large heart with the sentiment inside, to surprise the recipient when they open the box.  What do you think?  By the way, that sentiment is a Sale-A-Bration stamp (so it was free...)

I can pretty much promise that I’ll be sharing more projects using the dies in the coming weeks.  Now all we need are some star shapes and I’ll be soooo happy…
See you again soon,
Keep crafting,

Keren

https://2dcoloured.blogspot.com/2019/01/purple-hearts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.