Wednesday 10 April 2019

Simple Stamping - Torn paper technique

Hello, and welcome!



I'm not usually a plain-and-simple stamping kind of crafter.  I rarely make a project without at least one die cut (my Big Shot is one thing that never gets put away!).  So when Stampin' Up! challenged us to make items using only stamps, paper and ink, I had a bit of a moment.

So - why have I gone all Simple Stamping today?  Gather ye round...

This weekend  I will be heading out to Telford to attend OnStage, the SU demonstrator event/training day/catalogue reveal.  The following day my team leader is holding a crafting retreat for her team, and I'll be staying on for that.  That means swaps - lots of swaps.  

As I've said,  I do love my die cuts.  So over the course of a couple of hours,  I cranked my Big Shout 160 + times.  Then I made 150 passes with a punch.  (Check back on Sunday if you want to see what I was making!) The following day my arm was very, very painful, and I needed to make and film something for this blog...

So Simple Stamping it was!  I was reminded of the Faux Torn Paper technique, which is so easy but looks impressive.  Here's what I did - 

If you haven't tried this before, why not give it a try?  It really is very easy!  

Next blog will be on Sunday - because the project I'm sharing will be the swaps I made for that day, so hope I'll see you then.

Keep crafting,

Keren

PS My arm is fine now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.