Saturday 6 April 2019

Get into gear!

Hello, and welcome!

One of the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up!  Demonstrator is that you get the chance to go to the On Stage events.  They happen twice a year, in April and November.  Among other things, you get to see the new catalogue and to see new products demonstrated before anyone else does.

At the last On Stage in November, among the featured items was the Geared up Garage suite of products.  Now, I do love a bit of Steampunk so I was very interested when we were shown how to make cardstock look like rusty metal using SU inks and embossing powder. 

It’s taken me a while to get around to playing with this technique and here’s the result! 

I did add my own twist to the technique too.  Here’s what I did –


When I started this project, I was focusing on the technique so didn’t really have a finished item in mind.  I was originally thinking that I’d put the gears onto a greeting card, but in the end I decided that they’d look good on a little box.  I added some texture to the box too, and it all looks wonderfully grungy!

I’m all booked for April On Stage later this month and I’m getting so excited about it, I can’t wait to see what will be in the 2019-20 Annual catalogue…I love being a SU demo! 

That’s me for today!
See you again soon,

Keep crafting,

Keren

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.