Wednesday 26 July 2017

"Leather" Wallet gift card holder

Hello, and welcome to my blog.  
No, I haven't lost the plot.  This IS a paper craft project.
It's made of card, treated to make it look- well, leathery.  And it's SOOOO easy. Here's how-


Because this is another one of the projects I filmed over the weekend of the Air Show (it's the last of them)  most of the commentary is voice-over.  Because of that, there are a couple of things that I should have said that didn't make it into the video.  

The first one is - DON'T use Tombow mono adhesive.  That's because it dries tacky so your finished wallet will always be a bit sticky to the touch.  As a matter of fact, the Tacky Glue I used in the video is also a bit tacky (not too much, but a bit) which brings me to my second point - do a test piece first.  The best results for texture etc I've had are with clear-drying texture medium in a glossy finish.  PVA dies nice and glossy but doesn't hold a deep texture...try a few finishes and see how it turns out!

See you soon,

Crafty hugs,

Keren

It's a very short supplies list today ! 

I got the magnets from Guy's Magnets (they ship worldwide)

Product List

2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! What size are the magnets that you used? Also, would a brayer work for the glue? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H i Kristen, glad you liked it. The magnets I used in this project were 10mm in diameter by 0.5 mm thick. A brayer works really well, but make sure you clean it immediately - like, have a bowl of water beside you and drop the brayer right into it. Once the glue dies it's a real pain to try to clean it off!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.